Can I get married at St Mylor?

There are some simple rules that govern who can get married at Mylor - or any other Church of England Church. 

  •  any adult who lives in the parish or is on the church's Electoral Roll
  •  any adult who regularly worships at St Mylor
  • any adult who at any time has lived in the parish for a period of 6 months or more
  • any adult who was baptised in the parish
  • any adult who was prepared for confirmation in the parish
  • any adult  whose parents, after you were born, lived in the parish for at least 6 months or  regularly attended church for a period of at least 6 months
  • any adult whose parents or grandparents were married in the parish

If you are aged 16 or 17 and wish to be married the same criteria apply and you also need your parents' consent.

If you have been married before and that marriage ended in divorce you will need to discuss your circumstances with Jeff James. The church policy is to welcome people who wish to make a new start in life provided the circumstances of the breakdown of their previous marriage have been fully resolved.